Friday 9 August 2013

Youeni Foodstore

I actually spotted this place on my way to have breakfast at The Baron. Placed on a corner, it looked pretty busy so I put it on my mental checklist of local places to check out for breakfast. 

On a weekend I had a shopping day planned with one of my usual Breaky Buddies, we decided to stop in here first for a bite to eat to start the day. 

We got there, and as like last time we saw it, the place was pretty busy. The only table free was outside. It was freezing, but they have gas heaters outside so it wasn't too bad. From looking around, we couldn't work out how the service worked here so we went up to the counter and were told to sit down and someone would be with us soon. 

A little while later, someone came to take our order. I went Chai Tea with French Toast (with poached fruits, house-made ricotta, honey, cinnamon). Breaky Buddy went Hot Chocolate and Roast capsicum, sopresso salami & basil on toast. 

Another little while later, drinks came out and seeing as it was pretty chilly outside I was looking forward to a steaming chai tea. It wasn't steaming, so I found myself needing to drink it really quickly before it went cold. Breaky Buddy was pretty happy with her hot chocolate. 

Soon to follow was our breakfast. I was pretty impressed upon sight. The cinnamon coming off the beautifully thick slice of french toast (it has to be thick!) smelt beautiful and my fork slid perfectly through the ricotta covered poached pear. 

Breaky Buddy was craving savoury, so her breakfast absolutely hit the spot. To me, it looked like it needed some sort of sauce. But, she was the one eating it. 



Besides the little bit of a wait to order (ok, they were pretty busy), I think it's safe to say this place needs to be put on your regular local breakfast spots. Will be back here soon. 


Monday, 7th October 2013

Headed here again for breakfast with Mum and Sister on the Labour Day public holiday. I assumed it was going to be crazy busy so we decided to try and meet at 9 (allowed for a liiiittle sleep in) to try and beat the rush. 


Got there, and it wasn't busy - able to get a seat for three easy. I suppose people were out enjoying their Sunday nights more than I thought. 

Menu had changed a little. This time round I ordered myself a latte. I like the coffee they serve up here, only thing is that it was just warm. So found myself needing to drink it really quickly to get it down.

Ordering food, Mum and I ordered the toasted brioche with house made ricotta, banana, honey and almonds.

Sister ordered the muesli with rhubarb. 

Food didn't take too long to come out. The brioche was a little over toasted for me, it was a bit dry. Maybe just needed a bit more honey?

Ricotta had a nice flavour to it and there was plenty of banana. I like the almonds through it, but maybe not whole almonds? These were big and hard to chew compared to the rest of it. 








No comments:

Post a Comment