Thursday 8 August 2013

The Baron

Waking up on a lazy Saturday morning, I really didn't have the motivation to jump in my car and drive into the city for a breakfast date. My breaky companions and I hadn't tried the local, The Baron, yet so that is where we headed. 

It was quite busy when we arrived so we left our names and were told to come back in 10-15 minutes. 

My nephew was with us, and he was in his pram. When we came back to check on a table, they were really accommodating and made sure there was enough room for the pram next our table. Though, just as we settled at our table, we did the annoying thing and changed to a table outside that had just freed up. 

While we're trying to decide what to eat, we order our coffees and shortly after they arrive. The coffee was enjoyable, standard run of the mill. Did the job in waking me up! 


Feeling like something fresh, rather than greasy or fried (wasn't suffering from the standard Saturday hangover) I ordered the Avocado on toast - avocado, coriander, feta & cherry tomatoes on sourdough toast

Food didn't take too long to come out, but when it did, I was a little sad at seeing only one piece of toast on my plate. Never the less, there was a mini mountain of feta and avocado on top my lonely piece of toast, so I started in on it. This picture doesn't do it much justice, there was a whole lotta topping on that toast.


When finishing, I am quite content and thinking, a second piece of toast probably wasn't needed. With a squeeze of lime giving it the right amount of zest, it was definitely the nice and fresh breaky I was after. We also shared between us a salted caramel milkshake, so that topped me off nicely too. 

I think The Baron is definitely a cool little place to hit up locally. Next time, I think I'm going to have to give the sliders a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment