Thursday 1 August 2013

Eat Art Truck

The Eat Art Truck has been doing the rounds of late under the Masterchef badge. It happened to be in Parramatta last night, so on my weekly Thursday night shopping stop on the way home from work, I thought I'd check it out. 


In all honesty, I didn't need that much convincing. I'm always keen to try something that I have seen on TV. I'm a sucker like that.

There were three things on the menu last night... 


1. Maple Glazed Bacon Hot Dog w/ pickles, Cucumber and Smoked Mustard Sauce - $10

2. Eat Art Truck's Famous Pulled Pork Bun w/ mustard cabbage and a choice of Bourbon BBQ or Hot Sauce - $12

3. Vern's Challenge Burger, Wagyu Beef w/ Onion, Lettuce and Ranch Dressing - $12


I was tempted by the hot dog, I am the Maple & Bacon Flavour Combo's number one fan but the addition of mustard freaked me out a little. So, I played it safe with Vern's Challenge Burger. 
Boyfriend ordered the Pulled Pork Bun. 


The burger was a decent size, the burger bun nice and soft but still toasted just enough. A nice big slice of cheese all melted all over the wagyu beef, yum!
I was a little surprised by the Ranch dressing, it was red and tasted a little like a tomato based sauce. Not the usual ranch dressing that I would expect, hmmmm....... 
Never the less, still tasted delish and I enjoyed every messy bite!  

Boyfriend is a man of few words and when asked, I was told the pork bun was delicious and the slaw gave it a good crunch. 

The bun had a generous amount of sauce which is always a must in his books. He did have one complaint, he wanted more! Standard. 

I think $12 may have been a bit steep, I would have much preferred to hand over a straight tenner. But hey, for food that comes out the of the back of a truck, was pretty delish!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment