Thursday 1 August 2013

Omelette you know...

I'm a bit of a noob at this whole blog thing... It's something I have been meaning to get around to, and have finally done it. Feeling very productive. Now that it's made, I'm feeling a bit stumped on where to start! 

Thinking I might start with this... Are you unfamiliar with the phrase Full as a Goog? Allow me to shed some light on this one popular Aussie saying. You never know when this might pop up at your local pub's weekly trivia night!

The word Goog is an abbreviated term (that's what us Aussie's do best) which comes from the Scot's goggie, which is a child's word for egg. 

The phrase 'full as a goog' is a variation on some other Aussie phrases like 'full as a tick', 'full as a Bourke Street tram' and the all classy, 'full as a bull's bum'. 

Long story short - it means you're either really full from eating too much or really, really drunk.


No comments:

Post a Comment