Tuesday 13 August 2013

Grill'd


Last night I headed to Grill'd for the first time. Shock horror, I know. Everyone has been raving about it, so last night I thought it about time to check it out. 

I was there right after work, so it wasn't too busy yet. I'd sussed out the menu online earlier in the day (I like to plan ahead) so I didn't fuss over the menu too long when I got there. 

I ordered the Moroccan Lamb burger (Grilled lamb, roasted peppers, tzatziki, salad and relish). Mumsy ordered herself Mixed Vegetables and Dukkah Salad (mixed roast vegetables, black & white quinoa, cherry tomatoes, feta, mesculin, balsamic dressing and dukkah), she also added the protein hit (chicken) for an extra $3. 

Youngest Bro is just a little (VERY) fussy, so he wanted the Simply Grill'd (Grilled beef, salad, relish and herbed mayo) without the salad, relish and herbed mayo but with cheese and tomato sauce. The lady behind the counter was very helpful and suggested we 'make our own' burger which turned out to be $3 cheaper. 


We also order a side of chips with tomato relish. You can.not. have burgers without chips! 

Before we head back to our table, the lady behind the counter gives us three bottle tops or 'tokens', She points to a stand where three jars are set up. On each jar is a description of a local business, group etc. We're told that we need to pick a jar to put our token in. 

Seeing as there are three of us, three tokens, I see it as only fair we put one token in each jar. 

At the end of each month, the bottle tops / tokens are counted. The jar with the most, that business or group etc are given a $300 donation from Grill'd. Second and third get $100 each. 

Personally, I think this little program is great. Grill'd are giving back to their own community which is awesome and it also brings to light some groups or businesses in people's local community that they may not know about. Thumbs up to Grill'd! 



Doesn't take too long for food to come out and I'm pretty impressed with the serving sizes. Especially Mumsy 's salad. It's looks choc full of different ingredients and chicken. There is nothing worse than ordering a salad and you find yourself eating a bowl of lettuce leaves! 



Burgers come out at the same time and again, I'm pretty pleased at first sights. The burger has a good height, the actual burger patty is nice and thick and the salad is neatly layered (I like to see my layers). I don't think you can go too wrong with Youngest Bro's burger, he was pretty pleased with it. 



For me, when it comes to burgers, what are knives and forks?! I pick it up and find that even with it's height I'm able to squish it down to be able to take a good bite out of it. YUM! Burger patty is cooked great, not overdone. It's not too thick and meat to salad ratio is spot on. 

The chips are nice too, thick cut, just the way I like. The tomato relish is nice and thick too, which doesn't make dipping too easy but is delish! 
I think this place is great for those hankering for a burger on a budget. Can't go wrong. Looking at the menu and after seeing Mumsy's salad, thinking I might give the Chicken, Pomegranate and Goats Cheese Salad a go. Sounds YUM!  

No comments:

Post a Comment