Sunday 18 August 2013

Cheeky Chocolate



Cheeky Chocolate is located in the Bakehouse Quarter in North Strathfield. I'd actually never heard of the Bakehouse Quarter before looking up where Cheeky Chocolate actually was. It seems to be quite a popular area with a variety of little places to eat. I suppose it's worth checking out if you're ever in the area.

I have read quite mixed reviews of Cheeky Chocolate so I wasn't sure what to expect of my visit there. One of the things I had read was that it does get quite busy, so Breaky Buddy and I headed there quite early. We ended up arriving about 7pm. 


Walking in, the decor gives a great first impression as well does the jazz tunes playing in the background. They compliment each other really well and really set the scene. 

There were only a few people in there when we arrived so we were able to choose where we sat. Of course, we chose the biggest, comfiest looking lounge in the place. 



A waitress soon came over and provided us with a menu each. A lot of the items on the menu are in the glass display cabinet at the counter. The items on the menu that are made to order, don't sound as exciting, so we both decide to order something each from the display counter and share.



I order the Chocolate Raspberry Meringue Tart and Breaky Buddy opts for the Caramel Hazelnut Dome as well as an ice chocolate. Breaky Buddy has a serious OCD when it comes to ice chocolate and ice coffee, apparently they make it here just the way she likes it. 

Because our order is already made, it doesn't take too long for it to be brought to the table. After a mini photo shoot of our plates, we cut both our treats in half and dig in.

I start with the Chocolate Raspberry Meringue Tart. The texture of the meringue is so soft and silky smooth the whole way through, it's beautiful to eat. With some of the rich thick chocolate tart filling and a raspberry, it's a winning combination. I finish this off a lot quicker than intended and go for my half of the caramel hazelnut dome. But, I stop myself and just savour the flavour a little longer. 

Once Breaky Buddy had caught up to me, we both started on our second halves. 

To me, the first flavour hit I got from the caramel hazelnut dome was coconut. Sort of like a Golden Rough (anyone remember the good old fundraising days for Saturday sports?) Breaky Buddy disagrees with me and I assume I'm mistaking the flavour for hazelnut. The dome itself has a nice thick moussey texture to it with a yummy biscuit base. Again, it seems to disappear to quickly off my plate. 


At one point in the night, I did have to go to the bathroom. Cheeky Chocolate doesn't have one inside, so I was sent around to the carpark to a public bathroom. Not ideal.

When we left, the pace was starting to pick up a bit so I can see it being quite busy here as per the reviews I have read previously. Glad we got the hot tip and got here early. 



No comments:

Post a Comment