Thursday 8 August 2013

Kitchen by Mike

One of my Breaky Buddies fav thing to do at the moment is furniture and home wares shop. This is how we came across Kitchen by Mike

Walking in, the place is pretty big and also busy. Looking at the menu up on the wall, I straight away know what I'm ordering. Leg Ham on Toast with Smashed Egg... Nothing better! Break Buddy goes for the Big Breakfast

Just before we get to the front of the line to order, a table for two  frees up and the lady behind the counter is nice enough to wait for us to go and shotgun the table before we come back to put our order in. 



They have a variety of fresh juices and lemonades on the counter too. We decide to give the Vanilla Lemonade a try in addition to our usual Saturday morning coffee. 




Breaky Buddy isn't too keen on the vanilla lemonade. I don't mind it, so I find myself drinking most of it. 

Breaky Buddy see's me enjoying it and wants to give it another go. She says that it tastes better towards the bottom once the flavours have mixed a little better.

Breakfast comes out and again, I'm facing the sad face moment of seeing one piece of toast on my plate. Ok, for $15 I thought I would get at least 2 pieces of toast?! 



Breaky Buddy is happy with her serving size... I have to admit, I get a little food envy. 




After eyeing off the big breakfast across the table, I start on my one piece of toast and like I knew I would, I enjoyed every bite of my ham and eggs. Fresh ham and the eggs the perfect amount of runny. Mmmmm... After I finish, I just find myself wanting more, more, more! 

We finish up with breakfast and free the table ASAP for the table creepers hanging around. We head to the back of the store which is all home ware and furniture. 
I find my dream couch, but at $9000 thinking that's what it might always be, a dream! 


In the cafe, they also have shelves filled of the store own condiments and things. I liked the sound of the chili salt, but there were no jars left. Will have to pick one up next time I'm there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment